Now with an all-new chapter on Followership!
Adopted at more than 1600 institutions in 89 countries and translated into 13 different languages, this market-leading text successfully combines an academically robust account of the major theories and models of leadership with an accessible style and special emphasis on how leadership theory can inform leadership practice. Peter G. Northouse uses a consistent structure for each chapter, allowing students to easily compare and contrast the various theories. Case studies and questionnaires provide students with practical examples and opportunities to deepen their personal understanding of their own leadership style. Leadership: Theory and Practice, Eighth Edition provides readers with a user-friendly account of a wide range of leadership research in a clear, concise, and interesting manner.
Free Poster: 6 Emerging Leadership Approaches
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
- Interactive eBook with Interactive Leadership Assessments
Includes access to Interactive Leadership Assessments, SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more! Save when you bundle the Interactive eBook with the new edition.
Order using bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-2644-3. Learn more.
- SAGE Premium Video featuring Peter Northouse
Included in the Interactive eBook! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Learn more.
- SAGE coursepacks
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
- SAGE edge
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
- Bundle with Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice, Fourth Edition and save!
Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-3017-4
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) are curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to diverse learners, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
o Author Peter G. Northouse discussing key concepts from the book
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Access real-world cases from SAGE Business Cases and discussions for additional in-depth analysis in the Interactive eBook
- Teaching notes for cases are designed for instructors to expand questions to students, or initiate class discussion
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities and projects that can be used in class to reinforce active learning
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- All tables and figures from the textbook
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning in an easy-to-use environment that offers:
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- Learning Objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow you to engage with the material
- SAGE Premium Video, tied to learning objectives and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Author Peter G. Northouse discussing key concepts from the book
- Want access to more SAGE Premium Video? Ask your instructor about the interactive eBook version of this text, where you can access even more video resources and digital tools.
- Additional Video resources linked to leadership videos found on the web bring concepts to life and make learning easier
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning