We are grateful for the work that all of our reviewers do to help authors to enhance and develop their papers and to support the integrity of the publishing process. We want to recognize and reward the invaluable contribution you provide when you review for SAGE. This page outlines what SAGE can offer you in return for the time and expertise you offer as a reviewer.
At SAGE we value the hard work and dedication of our reviewers, so we are very happy to offer you the following rewards every time you review for a SAGE journal:
Because much of the work done by reviewers is by its very nature anonymous, some journal editors choose to publish a list of their reviewer’s names annually to thank this group openly for their hard work. Therefore, if you review for a SAGE journal, it is possible your name will be published in a Reviewer Thank You list. If you do not want your name to be published, please contact the journal editor.
SAGE highly values the expertise and hard work of reviewers, and the essential role that you play in maintaining the integrity and accuracy of research. As part of our commitment to supporting the reviewer community, we are partnered with Publons, a service that gets you recognition for your peer review contributions. You can also use ORCID to gain recognition for your reviews.
Publons is a free service that enables you to effortlessly record, verify, and showcase your peer review contributions. Publons records the number of papers you have reviewed for a journal while maintaining reviewer anonymity in accordance with each journal’s review policy.
Our partnership with Publons enables you to quickly and easily get the recognition for your work that you deserve. Browse the list of SAGE journals that are integrated with Publons.
For our integrated journals:
• You can opt-in to receive recognition on Publons when you submit your review
• You’ll receive an email inviting you to set up a profile on Publons and claim your review
• You can choose the ‘auto-add’ option in your profile, meaning your reviews for this and any other integrated journals will automatically be added to your Publons profile in the future, with no further action required from you
For any journal:
• You can set up your profile on Publons
• You can manually add any reviews completed from throughout your entire career by forwarding your reviewer receipt email to firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the online form from your account
ORCID is a service which allows you to keep a public record of your academic contributions across disciplines, borders, and time in one place.
As a reviewer, you can use your ORCID to gain recognition of your peer reviewing activities via Publons. We also recommend ORCID’s six tips for building an authoritative ORCID record.