Teaching Mathematics in the Secondary School
- Paul Chambers - formerly course leader for PGCE mathematics at Edge Hill University
- Robert Timlin - Secondary mathematics teacher, Liverpool
Key new features include:
- Updated content reflecting: the 2014 National Curriculum in England, the Teachers' Standards and revised requirements for GCSE and A level mathematics
- Updated 'Evidence from research' features, highlighting developments in the field
- An expanded section on mathematical misconceptions
- New coverage on teaching for mastery.
Teaching Mathematics in the Secondary School is a comprehensive guide covering everything about learning to teach maths. Suitable for anyone considering teaching as a profession, those already in training and new teachers, it provides excellent coverage of the theoretical and practical aspects of teaching maths in an accessible style.
The math's department liked the book but didn't feel it that it will useful as most were experienced math's teachers
Excellent ideas into developing practice - well supports students on the Mathematics PGCE
Very useful for Mentors of new teachers undertaking teaching of GCSE Maths. Provides useful information which can be used as a starting point for discussions - could also be used as a reference book for those starting out in teaching Mathematics.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Teaching Mathematics