The Business of Tourism
- J. Christopher Holloway - University of the West of England
- Claire Humphreys - University of Westminster
International Management | Tourism
This popular and comprehensive textbook helps students to not only understand these changes but study them with a critical mindset and historical perspective, desirable for success in assessments. The text also continues to retain its focus on ‘business’ and the operational aspects of tourism, making it especially useful for students considering a career and/or short term placement in the tourism industry.
This 12th edition of The Business of Tourism includes updates to take in changes to the tourism industry and consumption behaviours as a result of:
- Brexit (the UK’s decision to leave the European Union)
- the pandemic and its impacts on nature; the operation of attractions; event tourism; hotel chains; transport; and governmental support
- Sustainability and the reduction of the negative impacts caused by tourism
Chris Holloway was a former Professor of Tourism Management at the University of the West of England.
Claire Humphreys is a former Head of Department and Principal Lecturer at the University of Westminster.