The Essential Guide to Postgraduate Study
- David Wilkinson - University of Leeds, UK
SAGE Study Skills Series
For anyone embarking on postgraduate study, this is an indispensable guide. Packed with hands-on advice and examples from students themselves, David Wilkinson provides:
- Up-to-date information on developments in postgraduate study;
- Guidance on where and how to apply;
- Advice on constructing effective research proposals, with examples of successful submissions;
- Help with developing an academic writing style and advice on how to get published.
While each consecutive chapter develops and builds upon its predecessor, the book has been designed to be easy to 'dip into' to help resolve a problem or examine an issue of relevance to a particular stage of the process.
Detailed yet highly accessible, The Essential Guide to Postgraduate Study is a 'must-have' resource for prospective postgraduates, current postgraduates and anyone interested in better understanding postgraduate study in UK universities and colleges.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
Slightly too difficult for the level of my students, but would have helped me when I was doing postgrad study!