The Handbook of Pluralistic Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Mick Cooper - University of Roehampton, UK
- Windy Dryden - Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy | Integrative Therapy
A practical resource that your students can return to again and again to guide and coordinate their pluralistic practice, it provides:
- Hands-on guidance to developing pluralistic practice: providing the tools, skills and practice frameworks
- A step-by-step understanding of how the ideas and methods of different orientations can contribute towards a pluralistic way of working
- The tools and understandings needed to work with clients to achieve the most common goals
- The tools and understandings needed to work with clients wishing to address particular issues such as depression, anxiety, addiction, health issues, suicidal thoughts
- An understanding of a range of professional and practice issues relevant to pluralistic practitioners.
Each chapter offers definitions of key terms, several case studies, exercises and points for reflection, further reading, chapter introductions and summaries of key learning points, and overviews of relevant research.
I can recommend this book for any practitioners seeking a flexible way of integrating different approaches to therapy. I found it a stimulating read which gave me pause to reflect on my own practice.
An additional text for Integrative Trainee Counsellors.
Pluralistic practice and research has become more popular amongst counseling psychology students. This book is an essential read for those interested in the area of pluralism and offers the reader a wide range of topics from assessment and formulation to professional issues in practice and research.
Presents the contemporary reality of integrative and pluralistic counselling practice
Excellent introduction to integrated practice for undergraduate students.
This volume offers an informed and wide-ranging account of what is meant by pluralistic counselling and psychotherapy - and, in the process, gives a valuable perspective on the different forms of therapeutic practice.
Demonstrates the next wave of development in a thorough and comprehensive manner. This is probably the new thing
Sample Materials & Chapters
The Handbook of Pluralistic Counselling and Psychotherapy: Introduction