The Tourism, Hospitality and Events Student's Guide to Study and Employability
- Sally Everett - King's College London, UK
- Nicola Cade - Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Abigail Hunt - University of Lincoln, UK
- Deborah Lock - University of Lincoln, UK
- Katie Lupton - Leeds Trinity University, UK
- Steve McDonald - Anglia Ruskin University, UK
Careers in Business | Events Management | Hospitality Management | Skills | Tourism |
This essential companion will guide you on your journey throughout your studies in tourism, hospitality and events management, from starting your university or college programme, to developing the essential skills needed for successful study and employment, to ensuring you perform well in assessments, through to applying for and securing a graduate level job and entering the workplace.
Highly practical and accessible, chapters include:
- Think points to encourage you to pause and reflect on what the topic means for you
- Reflection exercises to help you evaluate your own skills, attributes and strengths/weaknesses
- Industry insights to offer you a unique view into the industry you’ll be working in
- Employer insights to provide you with real-world case examples from employers
- Student insights to show you different perspectives experienced by your peers
Written by experts in the field, this friendly guide will provide you with everything you need to succeed and support you along every step of the way through your studies and into industry!
- PowerPoint Slides
- Classroom activities
- Online teaching activities
Excellent text for supporting students studying on a placement programme.
excellent and very thorough introduction for students and teachers to the field of event management education; every student and every teacher should know and read it; it s an excellent companion for students from the beginning at the university until the start of a professional career in the event industry;
Useful for when students will start to go back into placements, expected in 2022.
In-depth and relevant subjects covering critical thinking and time management.
The cultural sensitivity was very interesting and generated discussion amongst students.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 12: Employability: developing skills for work and life